17 August 2009

Monsoon Accessorize: Day 1


I had my first day at Monsoon today, it was like a different world after spending three weeks working in a very small basement underneath a shop... in fact I felt quite intimidated as I approached the dominant yellow building that houses the Monsoon Accessorize headquarters...


Waiting in reception I felt like the style of the building inside reminded me of The Devil Wears Prada; sleek, sophisticated and highly contemporary. Not at all what I was expecting for a mainstream high street chain, It was simply incredible I almost wanted to just disappear and discover the entire building!!

 I was collected by Sian who is an Assistant Designer for Children's wear and we went up to the 5th floor which houses both Children's wear and Women's wear. This is where I will be working for the next 5 days.


 I was introduced to the team of designers and then set about my first task which was to sort through all the old samples from the previous season and separate them into fabric for recycling and garments for the sample sale. Once I had finished clearing my way through the mountains of clothes, fabric, shoes and accessories and neatly boxed them up there was only a short time left. So Sian asked me to go through some old magazines and pull out any unusual and interesting images to go into their inspiration folder.

I have a positive vibe about this placement, I think it's going to be an inspiring week...

No comments:

Post a Comment