27 July 2009

Week 2: Monday...Meeting Rachel!!

Above: Family portrait
Rachel with her children 
Photographed by Husband and Father Daniel Jouanneau

Daniel is a fashion photographer famous for shooting the Chanel perfume bottle and more recently working closely with Issey Miyake. 
Website: 
http://www.danieljouanneau.com/MainMenu.htm

Today I met Rachel!! Well what an incredibly genuine and warm person for such a successful business and family orientated woman. It was lovely to see how much involvement she has with everything and I guess that is because she has managed to keep it very close to home, a small and manageable business sturdy in its core roots despite its enormous success. 

Something which really inspired me was how fluently she spoke french and it really got me thinking about how much I would love to have a language like french or italian behind me because a lot of the high end childrenswear companies are based in france and italy! I just feel that it would open up some doors which at present would not be approachable in my future career. Also if I am seriously going to push for my own business which I am far more enthused about after this summer, this skill would be highly beneficial...

No comments:

Post a Comment