31 July 2009

Week 2 comes to an end...


I haven't posted anything since Monday because this week has been relatively similar everyday so I'll summarise now. 

After meeting Rachel, Jo gave me some more photographs that had arrived to upload onto Fashion Master. I then began working on the "May we also recommend" link which comes up next to each garment to encourage shoppers to buy with the intention of building an outfit or if they like that style they may like it in several other prints/colours. 

I had a folder containing all the designs and codes for the entire collection and I had the freedom to link any three items I felt would most likely be purchased with each original item. It was quite enjoyable creating outfit suggestions but some items were more difficult to match up as I had to ensure that certain garments/accessories weren't used too often whilst others not at all. It took a lot of patience and got fairly confusing at times but once I had a system going and was able to view it on the test site it started to come together. 

The other task I was set this week which I found quite inspiring was that each season Rachel Riley split their collection into colour stories and then for the website and catalogue they create names for each one, so Jo asked if I would come up with some ideas. They needed to be enticing and a bit playful but most importantly reflects the season, creating an atmosphere around the colours and the mood of the garments. We decided on:

Green... Autumn Harvest
Blue & Brown... Chocolate Tree
Red & Cream... Enchanted Quest
Navy & Green... Midnight Forest
Pink... Frosted Garden
Monochrome... Tailored Opulence
Purple... Winter Berries

No comments:

Post a Comment